Serving three and four year old children
Head Start is a FREE early education program that helps children grow educationally, socially, physically, and emotionally.
Children attend a Head Start center using a variety of schedules: some are full day, some are just 3.5 hours a day. During this time they are involved in learning activities in a classroom environment. In addition, children regularly participate in field trips and education walks.
Children Receive FREE
- Fun, educational activities in the center or at home
- Nutritious family-style meals and snacks
- Free health and dental services
- Vision, hearing, and speech screenings
- Family/parent support
- A chance to learn play and grow with other children
- Participate in children’s educational activities and development
- Obtain referrals for needed assistance
- Receive training opportunities
- Attend/participate in monthly center parent meetings
- Have an opportunity to volunteer in the classroom
Head Start is sensitive and responsive to children and families with special needs.
Year round services are provided to children in the service area through a community support network that includes licensed child care professionals, health providers, parenting education providers and child development professionals. Head Start offers family and social services referrals for enrolled children and their families.