Child Start has two scholarships available:
- $1,500.00 Dottie Bishop Head Start Kid Scholarship
- $1,500.00 Head Start Kid Scholarship
Information for application, eligibility, and submission:
- Each scholarship has its own set of steps to complete. Please refer to the flyers for specifics for each scholarship. Flyers can be found by following the link at the bottom of this page.
- The student awarded the scholarship will provide a high-resolution photo that is formatted as a jpeg file and will grant consent for its use in Child Start publications, social media, and other publicity.
- The applicant must have attended a Head Start/Early Head Start program for one or more years.
- The applicant must be a senior and scheduled to graduate from high school in Wichita, Kansas, be pursuing a post-secondary education (including trade school), and submit proof of acceptance from an institution of higher learning.
- The applicant must provide proof of volunteer hours – Child Start can provide volunteer hours in order to meet eligibility. The number of volunteer hours is 20 for each scholarship.
- Children of current Child Start employees or board members are not eligible to apply.
- The completed application packet may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Child Start, Inc.
1002 S. Oliver Street
Wichita, KS 67218
- All application packets must be received by March 1, 2018.
- Award of scholarship will be determined by March 30, 2018.
For application specifics download this pdf