Child Start has two scholarships available:
- $1,500.00 Dottie Bishop Head Start Kid Scholarship
- $1,500.00 Head Start Kid Scholarship
Information for application, eligibility, and submission:
- Each scholarship has its own information to complete; please refer to the flyers for specifics for each scholarship. Application deadline is February 15, 2019.
- The student awarded the scholarship needs to provide a high-resolution photo that is formatted as a jpeg file and grant consent for its use in Child Start publications, social media, and other publicity.
- The applicant must have attended a Head Start/Early Head Start program for one or more years.
- The applicant must be a senior who is scheduled to graduate from high school in Wichita, Kansas, be pursuing
a post-secondaryeducation (including trade school), and submit proof of acceptance from an institution of higher learning.
- The applicant must provide proof of volunteer hours – Child Start can provide volunteer hours in order to meet eligibility. The number of volunteer hours required is 20 for each scholarship.
- Children of current Child Start employees or board members are not eligible to apply.
- The completed application packet may be emailed to email@example.com or mailed
to:Janel Leatherman, Child Start, Inc., 1002 S. Oliver Street, Wichita, KS 67218
- Application packets must be received by February 15, 2019.
- Award of
scholarshipwill be determined by March 30, 2019.