Attention High School Seniors – Scholarship Opportunity
We would like to invite past Head Start/Early Head Start children to apply for this college scholarship! Here are the details:
Two $2,500.00 Dottie Bishop Head Start Kid Scholarships will be awarded.
- Application deadline is February 14, 2020.
- Two scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $2,500.00 each.
- Student must write an essay that addresses the following: · Key details about you, your family and your connection to Head Start · Your academic profile and volunteer service · Your goals for the future, post-secondary education and what you plan to study · Essay should be maximum of three pages, double spaced, and 12-point font
- Student must submit two letters of recommendation from teachers or counselors.
- A copy of the student’s transcript should be included with the application.
- The applicant must have attended a Head Start/Early Head Start program for one or more years.
- The applicant must be a senior who is scheduled to graduate from high school in Wichita, Kansas, be pursuing a post-secondary education (including trade school), and submit proof of acceptance from an institution of higher learning.
- The applicant must provide proof of 20-hours of volunteer service; Child Start can provide volunteer hours in order to meet eligibility.
- Children of current Child Start employees or board members are not eligible.
Apply using this form (pdf): 2020 Scholarship Info
- The completed application packet should be submitted as a pdf file via email to email@example.com or mailed to: Janel Leatherman; Child Start, Inc.; 1002 S. Oliver Street; Wichita, KS 67218
- Application packets must be received by February 14, 2020.
- Award of scholarships will be determined by March 30, 2020.